Thursday, July 26, 2007

Attention heroes

I've emerged from my Potter fan stupor enough to notice that Aaron Houston, lobbyist for the Marijuana Policy Project, will appear on Comedy Central's "Colbert Report" tonight (11:30 p.m. EST).

In fact, who am I kidding? "Noticed." I'm just going to go ahead and paste Micah's message here:
Aaron is a long-time friend and adviser to SSDP's national staff. He has a great sense of humor and is always on message, so I'm optimistic that he'll be able to handle Colbert with poise (as few can). I hope you'll be able to tune in. If you miss it tonight, ComedyCentral posts videos of the show the day after it airs.

Thanks, Micah.

We'll see if he can indeed "handle Colbert with poise", or if he'll get totally slammed by all the oh-so-witty marijuana puns and insinuations that he's high.

P.S. Stephen I have a mite of a crush on you. I know that lots of women (and men) find your manly patriotic aura of sexy truthiness totally irresistible, so this doesn't exactly stand out, but I thought I'd send my humble love over the blogosphere anyway. You slam that ganja-guzzling flower child.

p.p.s. Drug policy reform movement, forget I said that. We say crazy things when we're in crush.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ron Paul did very well on Colbert and he did trash the drug war. Nadelman got dragged into a shoutfest with Stephen - to his detriment. Colbert can be manipulated more easily than "papa bear" O'Reilly. It helps that Stephen is manic whereas Bill is just plain hostile and heavy handed.
The trick is to debunk the drug war as lies - without losing your cool. It's much easier to do in a public format than a private one - when you know that your ideas will never see the light of day with the public. That would be a perfect format for my classic confrontation. Already seated I would pose my classic challenge: give me one good reason for continuing this policy - without lying. Preface that comment by telling the audience about your question and willingness to stand up to notify them when the host is lying. You will likely catch most hosts flustered and angry - which is what you want. Better them looking like fools than dragging you down to their level.

Rebecca Ogle said...

Stephen wouldn't be flustered and angry, he'd laugh while pretending to be flustered and angry. <3 (We're on a first name basis.)